A RUGBY ICON ON 40 YEARS AT THE TOP
Budge Rogers: A Rugby Life is the long overdue biography of one of rugby’s most iconic players, Derek Prior ‘Budge’ Rogers. The world-class flanker lit up rugby grounds around the world in the 1960s and 1970s with his dazzling and determined wing play.
He captained Bedford RFC for many years, including the year they won the National Cup, toured overseas with England, the British Lions and the Barbarians. The book is full of interesting stories and amusing anecdotes from the world of top class rugby. Rogers is a true rugby great. In 1969 the Bedford man was the first rugby player to be awarded an OBE. His outstanding playing career was followed by years in administration at the highest level as both Chairman of England Selectors and President of the RFU.
Budge Rogers: A Rugby Life provides a unique insight into the life and times of this electrifying wing forward and legend of the game.
Accompany Budge through his 40 years at the top of world rugby, firstly as England captain, and later Chairman of Selectors and President of the RFU.
- The book is the authorised biography of the man who broke the record for England appearances and became the first rugby player to be awarded the OBE
- Enjoy the excitement of life on tour in South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the Far East
- Budge played with and against some of the most famous names in rugby; Richard Sharp, Dickie Jeeps, and Barry John to name just a few. Read about Rogers’s favourite players and his most feared opponents
- Budge won every honour in the game and witnessed the traumatic transition of rugby from a purely amateur to a modern professional sport
- Drawing on his long years of experience, Rogers offers his views on modern rugby at club and international level
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Budge Rogers.