In a cricket career spanning nearly 30 years, Chris Adams has enjoyed some unforgettable moments – early successes at Derbyshire, an unforgettably brutal Test debut, recognition as Sussex’s greatest captain, triumph as Surrey coach – as well as some hard times.
This Wednesday, 28 October, ‘Grizzly’ will be appearing at a special lunch at Sussex CCC’s County Ground. Members and supporters are invited to Hove to enjoy a delicious two-course lunch and to hear some of the highlights from guest speaker Chris’s acclaimed new book.
This Thursday, 29 October: If you can’t make the Hove lunch date with Chris, be sure and tune into the Hawksbee & Jacobs Show on talkSPORT – the world’s biggest sports radio station – during your lunchbreak. Chris will be joining Paul and Alan on air at around 1.40pm.
Meanwhile, here’s a foretaste of Grizzly’s delights, which Chris himself describes as: “The highs and lows of my career as a player and coach. My memories and inside stories; my inspirations and ideas about cricket,” including:
- Walking out at the Wanderers to make my Test debut against a rampant Allan Donald and Shaun Pollock with the score 2 for 4 – England’s worst ever start to a match
- Waking up sleepy Sussex with Peter Moores and Mark Robinson – and why one of the most influential voices in the game made sure he had his say about our team selection
- Why there was much more to Sussex’s unprecedented era of success than just Mushtaq Ahmed – and how we had to persuade an England legend that he was worth a gamble to sign
- Ups and downs at The Oval. How, in the space of 12 months, Surrey went from double trophy winners to a team in turmoil having to cope with the loss of one of our own
- My great debt of gratitude to the county where it all started – Derbyshire – and how the county missed the opportunity to create a successful dynasty of their own
- My blueprint for the future of the game in England – and the part I’d like to play…
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Grizzly: My Life and Times in Cricket.