Champions is the story of Burnley's Championship title win of season 2015/16, told in inimitable style by Dave Thomas – author of 12 previous books on his beloved Burnley FC.
In the world of the big city football clubs, Burnley remains the club from the small town that continues to defy the odds through its good management and careful budgeting. This is the third promotion to the Premier League in just seven years.
As ever, in the background, Sean Dyche's man-management and motivational powers provided the bedrock of the success that came in the final week of the season, as a three-horse race went right to the wire.
Champions features all the highlights from Burnley FC’s famous season. In the book, you will discover:
- Why players had to celebrate the title with inflatable trophies;
- How Sean Dyche persuaded Joey Barton to join Burnley;
- When Brian Clough arrived at Turf Moor to find everyone out for lunch;
- What it was like travelling by bus to the Burnley Blackburn bubble game;
- All about the night Jason Shackell returned to the hell of Turf Moor with Derby;
- When groundsman Roy Oldfield got a new wheelbarrow and thought it was Christmas;
- The Boxing Day game that was the turning point in Burnley’s faltering season;
- The story of the incomparable ‘blonde bombshell’ centre-forward Ray Pointer;
- The real story of why Jelle Vossen returned to Belgium;
- Why Burnley fans particularly dislike Middlesbrough manager Aitor Karanka;
- Where to get the best pub grub after a game in Burnley.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Champions.