Ted MacDougall arrives from Florida tomorrow, safely delivered from the eye of a hurricane into a storm of adulation.
You too can meet the legendary goalscorer this weekend in Bournemouth and Southampton (ahead of the respective Premier League games) and in Norwich next Saturday. Ted will be chatting with fans and signing books as follows:
- Sat 15 – AFC Bournemouth Superstore between 11am and 12pm
- Sun 16 – Saints Store between 12 and 1pm
- Sat 22 – Norwich City Club Shop
Ted MacDougall was prolific at York City, Bournemouth, Norwich City and Southampton, having learned his trade as an impressionable youngster under Bill Shankly at Liverpool. MacDou-Goal! traces the Scottish international striker's rise from his roots in Inverness, through his playing and coaching career, to the present day.
In MacDou-Goal! you will discover:
- What happened the time Ted was asked to take over in goal;
- How he broke a 42-year-old goalscoring record at Bournemouth;
- His personal misery when caught in the cross-fire at Old Trafford;
- What caused a dressing room punch-up at West Ham;
- How much of Ted's success was down to the guiding influence of John Bond;
- The remark made to a local reporter which effectively ended his international career;
- How Ted proved all his doubters wrong by becoming the First Division's leading goalscorer;
- The inside story of his 'telepathic' striking partnership with Phil Boyer at four different clubs;
- The day when Ted called 'time' on his First Division career;
- The part he played in trying to secure the future of AFC Bournemouth;
- How Ted's latest role is helping to revolutionise the administration of grassroots football.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from MacDou-Goal!