From causing one of the biggest shocks in FA Cup final history by beating Manchester United in 1976 to promotion to the Premier League in 2012, here are 50 of Southampton’s most glorious, epochal and thrilling games of all!
Described incident-by-incident in atmospheric detail by local journalists and Saints fans Alex Crook & Alex Smith, Southampton Greatest Games offers a terrace ticket back in time, from the bygone days of Ted Bates and Lawrie McMenemy to the club's rise from League One back to the top flight via administration and near bankruptcy and their highest-ever Premier League finish under Ronald Koeman's masterful management.
In Southampton’s Greatest Games you will relive:
- The day Bobby Stokes stunned the mighty Manchester United under Wembley’s Twin Towers;
- How Rickie Lambert’s goal-laden boots fired Saints to promotion back to the Premier League;
- Matt Le Tissier’s tear-jerking last ever goal at The Dell;
- The club’s most famous European nights including the 2016 Europa League campaign;
- Numerous relegation Great Escapes including when 10,000 Saints fans flocked to ‘Dellhurst Park’;
- The historic first ever Football League match at The Dell;
- Some of the most memorable south coast derby skirmishes with bitter foes Portsmouth.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from
Southampton Greatest Games.