Jamie Moore will be appearing along with Coronation Street, Hollyoaks and Emmerdale stars this Saturday morning at Waterstones in Deansgate, Manchester.
The signing event will mark the launch of Mooresy: The Fighter's Fighter – the life story of one of Britain's best-loved boxers. Progressing through the amateur ranks, Jamie Moore turned pro in 1999 aged 20 and went on to become British, Irish, Commonwealth and European light middleweight champion.
Mooresy will be chatting to fans and signing books, accompanied by a star-studded retinue including Cath Tyldesley and Katie McGlynn from Coronation Street, Jamie Lomas from Hollyoaks and hopefully Emmerdale’s Anthony Quinlan too!
The event starts at 12 o’clock midday at Waterstones, 91 Deansgate, Manchester M3 2BW.
In Mooresy, the gripping life story written in collaboration Paul Zanon, read how Jamie rose to the top, became a media star... only to be shot five times in Marbella in August 2014. You will discover how ‘The Fighter’s Fighter’:
- Won and defended the British title seven times in total.
- Made history by being the only man in 100 years from Salford to win the Lonsdale belt outright.
- Beat Matthew Macklin in a barbaric 2006 fight rated one of Britain’s best ever domestic dust-ups.
- Was ranked as high as No2 in the world by the WBC at his peak.
- Boasts a professional fight record, 1999-2010, of 32 wins and 5 defeats.
- Was left with over three feet of scarring on his left leg after bullet trauma surgery, and seriously impaired nerve function due to the trail of destruction as a bullet right passed through his thigh.
- Is a proud and active patron of Niamh’s Next Step charity, helping to raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to battle neuroblastoma.
- Is also a mad Manchester United fan, and very proud of his Irish roots.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Mooresy: The Fighters' Fighter.