BLUES BEHIND THE SCENES
Blues Insider is an alternative history of Birmingham City; a fascinating personal collection of behind-the-scenes stories from the past 25 years – straight from the pen of a man who's been on the inside.
A lifelong Bluenose for more than 60 years, author Keith Dixon has written about the club he loves since the 1980s – and it's a career which has taken him on a fantastic journey.
The book takes a fresh approach and looks back at the period and gives a fresh perspective on the club, and gives new insight into the key events. With forewords from two Blues legends from the era, Trevor Francis and Barry Fry, it draws on the author's dealings with the key characters at the club as he sheds new light to bring a quarter of a century at St Andrew's to life.
In Blues Insider, you will discover:
- Karren Brady’s first mistake as Managing Director of Birmingham City Football Club – a mistake which she was still making 20 years after her first meeting with the author
- An in-depth examination of the Chinese ownership of Birmingham City Football Club – plus the author’s experience with Carson Yeung and the fur coat!
- The diary of Colin Burke, administrator, which details events which took place following the collapse of the Kumars’ business. Who were the parties interested in buying the club?
- The negotiations which led to David Sullivan’s company, Roldvale, buying the controlling interest in Birmingham City Football Club, including a copy of the fax detailing the terms of the offer – a unique piece of club history
- The author’s attempt to buy the club – how the consortium was created, how the deal was structured and the interesting outcomes of the offer
- Financial statements from 1993 to 2015, revealing key numbers including Director’s drawings
- The memories of ex-CEO, Michael Dunford; current Honorary Life President, Mike Wiseman; and today’s Head of Media and Communications, Colin Tattum
- All the details related to the author’s involvement with BCFC as club sponsor, academy scout and committee member of the Former Player’s Association – including which ex-player is a qualified train driver!
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Blues Insider