OUT NOW: KLOPPITE
When Jürgen Klopp was appointed Liverpool manager in October 2015 the world took notice, and Reds fans were united in optimism for the first time in years. Kloppite looks at how the charismatic German set about re-igniting the LFC flame – not only trying to change the fortunes of the once-dominant club, but also making the people believe again.
Klopp's first two seasons in the English Premier League were eventful, including famous wins, heartbreaking defeats, scoring records, cup finals and broken glasses. After his successes at Mainz and Borussia Dortmund, Klopp took on his greatest challenge as he sought to return the Merseysiders to the top of English football.
The hot-seat at Anfield has often been described as one of the toughest jobs in world football, and Klopp was tasked with overcoming the adversity of fan expectations, competing against some of the game's best managers and biggest spenders, and turning doubters into believers.
Kloppite presents an insightful, thought-provoking and entertaining analysis of revolutionary Reds boss Jürgen Klopp’s mission to date. Read the book and you will discover:
- The journey Jürgen Klopp took to get to Anfield from a Stuttgart-born baby to the most in-demand manager in world football
- Analysis of his first two seasons in charge of Liverpool, breaking down the highs and the lows
- What two of his closest colleagues have made of working with him on Merseyside
- What Klopp did in his first team meeting at Melwood to create a one-club mentality
- Exclusive views from Rory Smith (New York Times), Sandra Goldschmidt (Buzz09), Neil Atkinson and Gareth Roberts (The Anfield Wrap)
- The build-up and fallout from two finals during Klopp’s first seven months in charge
- Which song Klopp led his players in singing in a hotel bar following the disappointing Europa League Final in Basel
- The extent to which Klopp has managed to follow through on his aim to turn doubters into believers
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Kloppite.