JOHN McAVOY AT DERBY BOOK FESTIVAL
Tomorrow, Tuesday 13th June, sees John McAvoy, author of the inspirational Redemption: From Iron Bars to Ironman, appear at a breakfast event at the University of Derby, as part of the city’s ongoing Book Festival.
Hosted by Dean Jackson of HUUB Design, the event will enable John to bring to life the ultimate story of sporting salvation - how one of Britain’s most-wanted men before serving life in Belmarsh has now become one of the UK’s leading Ironman competitors, with plans to turn pro in 2017.
The event is already a sellout with over 200 people attending, but if you’re interested in John’s amazing story, you can download a ‘try before you buy’ sample chapter of the book below - and look out for this most extraordinary athlete's appearances in future.
Redemption is a gripping and inspirational autobiography written by John McAvoy with Mark Turley:
- The book recounts the fast-paced and fascinating life story of a former career criminal, now world record holder and endurance athlete
- It is the true life story of how the former and prolific armed robber found redemption through sport and turned his life around
- The book takes the reader on a gripping journey recounting John’s childhood, his early dalliances and interactions with some of the biggest names in the criminal underworld
- Following his meteoric rise as Britain’s most wanted armed robber, he spent time in Belmarsh High Security prison alongside the convicted 7/7 bombers and the Muslim cleric, Abu Hamza
- McAvoy is living proof that even the most hardened and determined career criminals can be rehabilitated through the criminal justice system and the power of sport
- McAvoy’s journey has earnt him praise, respect and acknowledgment from the police and the criminal justice system.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Redemption.