LIVERPOOL ONE – CROLLA TOO!
On Saturday 3 February, former British and WBA world lightweight champion, Anthony Crolla, will be making a personal appearance at the WHSmith store at Liverpool One in the city centre.
To celebrate the successful launch of his bestselling biography, Million Dollar Crolla, ‘the nicest man in boxing’ will be chatting with fans and signing copies of the book.
This is a free event with no advance ticket required. Boxing fans are advised to arrive in good time in order to avoid disappointment.
Saturday 3 February – From 11am – WHSmith, Liverpool One, 1-3 South John St, Liverpool L1 8BN
Million Dollar Crolla: Good Guys Can Win tells the unique story of the ‘nicest man in boxing’ and his remarkable path from prospect to has-been, from victim to world champion. Written off by many, an office job beckoned for Anthony Crolla before a devastating but defining fight put him back on track.
After overcoming the demons of badly injuring a rival, Anthony’s boxing dream was again shattered after a neighbourly deed left him seriously injured. Against all the odds, he fought back to win a world title in front in his home fans. Covering key moments in a bumpy ride, the book gives unique insight into the preparations for the biggest nights of his boxing career – a rematch with the exceptional Jorge Linares and the must-win domestic showdown with Ricky Burns.
It’s access all areas, with insight to family life, media commitments and his passion for football. Crucially, the book details the punishing training schedule, alongside his fellow champions at Gallagher’s Gym, which has helped him to the top.
Million Dollar Crolla is the remarkable story of Anthony Crolla and his rise from has-been to world champion. Read how Anthony:
- Overcame his demons after a brutal fight left his opponent fighting for his life
- Won five all-Manchester fights against friends and some of his fight heroes
- Fought his way to a world title shot only to have his dreams shattered by a life-changing, vicious attack by burglars
- Worked his way back from serious injury not only to fight again, but to win a world title
- Prepares for the biggest fights of his life – with unique fly-on-the-wall access to training camps, gym and dressing-room
- Takes on the challenge of taking on the lightweight 'golden boy' in two unforgettable fights
- Finds redemption in a Battle of Britain with former three-weight world champion Ricky Burns
- Felt horror at the realisation that family members had been caught up in the Manchester bomb
- Suffered a fight-night kit dilemma that threatened to scupper his world title dreams
With contributions from Ricky Hatton MBE, Darren Campbell, Eddie Hearn, Kieran Farrell, Michael Brodie, Derry Mathews and John Murray, Million Dollar Crolla is the access-all-areas story of how nice guys really can win.
Click here for more information, or to read a sample from Million Dollar Crolla.